In the last 24 hours, Karachi received high amounts of rainfall, according to Pakistan Meteorological Department.
- 102.7mm was recorded in Gulshan-e-Hadid
- 53mm rain at Old Airport, 46mm at Faisal Base, 38.8mm at Jinnah Terminal
- 28.4mm rain on University Road, 25.5mm in Quaidabad and 20.4mm in Nazimabad
- 8mm rain at Masroor Base, 15mm at Gadap, 10. mm at DHA and 9.1 mm rain at Saadi Town.
- 8mm in Kemari, 7.2mm in Surjani Town and 6.6mm in Gulshan-e-Maymar.
- North Karachi recorded 5.5mm
- Orangi Town recorded the lowest rainfall of 5.1mm.
According to Minister for Climate Change Sherry Rehman, Sindh and Balochistan are going through “very high percentages of rainfall over a 30-year average”.
She shared stats for the difference in rain seen this year across Pakistan compared to normal levels.